South African make Rolux reel mower

Reel Mower Expert

Forum Newbie
Threads
What do you John Deere boys think of this new Rolux reel mower they are importing from South Africa?

Have any of yall seen one?

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
What do you John Deere boys think of this new Rolux reel mower they are importing from South Africa?

They have been around in South Africa since the mid 60s. And some of those machines are still running today.
If a machine can survive 5 decades in Africa you know it is quality!

Reel Mower Expert

Forum Newbie
Threads
They have been around in South Africa since the mid 60s. And some of those machines are still running today.
If a machine can survive 5 decades in Africa you know it is quality!

I have read a few things online saying these are junk. I couldn't find much about them online, so was just curious.

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads

They have been around in South Africa since the mid 60s. And some of those machines are still running today. They are Quality machines. I mean, if a machine can survive 5 decades in Africa you know it is quality!
I have read a few things online saying these are junk. I couldn't find much about them online, so was just curious.
https://myrolux.com/pages/about-us <-- A bit of their history. They are now a family concern, run by a great father & sons team.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have Victas in the year that are over 60 years old
I have B & S Engines in 40 year old mowers that work perfectly
Neither of these means that new ones are worth the effort of removing them from the box which they are not .

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
I have Victas in the year that are over 60 years old
I have B & S Engines in 40 year old mowers that work perfectly
Neither of these means that new ones are worth the effort of removing them from the box which they are not .
I understand your perspective, and I can relate because I have personal experience with both Victa mowers and B&S engines. The key distinction lies in how Victa and B&S have adjusted their quality standards to cater to market demands. Consequently, their engines and mowers have become less durable, often lasting only a few years and becoming disposable items.

In contrast, Rolux has maintained its commitment to quality and has not compromised its design to cut costs. Instead, they have gone above and beyond to enhance an already robust machine.

To your point, I believe Rolux have identified this trend and that is why they see an opportunity in the US.

And I say this despite the fact that Rolux are one of my competitors in our domestic market. However, I must acknowledge the exceptional nature of their products and the integrity of their company. Watch out for these guys, this brand is going to do big things in the US!