Sometime customers

Skydragon750

Threads
Don't understand why some people let you cut the yard couple times then want you come by calling you. Let the grass get high and expect the same price for grass 5 inches or higher.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't understand why some people let you cut the yard couple times then want you come by calling you. Let the grass get high and expect the same price for grass 5 inches or higher.

LOL :laughing: Welcome to the lawn business.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads

I deal with that a lot. What do you expect?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Al the time. I charge them an over growth fee. If I cut 5"+ off its an extra $2.50 per 1000sqft

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Al the time. I charge them an over growth fee. If I cut 5"+ off its an extra $2.50 per 1000sqft

You're losing money at $2.50 per 1000sqft. What ever you charge for a regular cut double your price, same as a bi-weekly cut.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's only for the first cut with a new customer. I charge my regular bid + over growth fee. I will bid a one time customer completely different and its usually 3-4 times what I would charge for one cut because I usually don't want to do it. But I will for what I am asking. And I don't accept sometimes customers I offer 7 day and 14 cycles that's it. If I have some time to burn ill do a one time mow.

LoCo86

Threads
That's only for the first cut with a new customer. I charge my regular bid + over growth fee. I will bid a one time customer completely different and its usually 3-4 times what I would charge for one cut because I usually don't want to do it. But I will for what I am asking. And I don't accept sometimes customers I offer 7 day and 14 cycles that's it. If I have some time to burn ill do a one time mow.

I only do once a week cuts due to time issues and the fact you don't make that much money on bi-weeklys. They usually only want their grass cut and that is where the business stops. When I first started I took whatever I could get to try and make money but now I do it by my rules and if they don't want to go that route then they can find someone else to do it. I have to maintain a schedule and don't have time for the low balling customer who doesn't want to spend money on their yard. But in the beginning you have to do what you got to do to pay the bills.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like every other weekers takes me same amount of time but I charge them a lot more. And I usually schedule them so I do 2-3 every other weekers every day

LoCo86

Threads
I like every other weekers takes me same amount of time but I charge them a lot more. And I usually schedule them so I do 2-3 every other weekers every day

Yea but the yards you do are so small. Which isn't a bad thing it's just that my smallest property I take care of is one acre and goes up to 3 acres of just yard. So I can understand the reason behind why you do them but for me and the way the grass grows here, also the weeds, it's just not worth it. The amount of clippings generated by cutting the grass every two weeks is so much that you would have to go over the yard twice to make it look somewhat decent.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea but the yards you do are so small. Which isn't a bad thing it's just that my smallest property I take care of is one acre and goes up to 3 acres of just yard. So I can understand the reason behind why you do them but for me and the way the grass grows here, also the weeds, it's just not worth it. The amount of clippings generated by cutting the grass every two weeks is so much that you would have to go over the yard twice to make it look somewhat decent.

Guess that's true, couldn't imagine doing more than an acre over grown.