Some Advice & Information

bubl8015

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Dave from Wisconsin - looking to buy a Husqvarna rider model YTH22V46. My old mower died and after much research seems to be a good mower. Of course, I am sure they may be some bad things about any mower you buy - was wondering if someone can either give me Yay or Nay on this unit? Any know problems I may run into and if so any way to avoid? I see the spindles must break under the unit if you hit something - is this common? Is it easy to fix & is it expensive - can I do it my self? My main question is what roll does the spindle play - is the spindle that breaks what the belts go around or is this the spindle that blades are attached too. I am not a very handy guy so if I can avoid things I will definetly try and avoid hitting anything in my yard. Thanks think I will love this site Dave

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
dave, hello again. There is a lot of material here on spindles. Try searching with tags or a couple other search words. I only mow one yard and know it well. The pros will respond, hopefully, but I sense that new, unchartered landscapes pose a real hazard to blades, spindle and even crankshafts. Sometimes I get too close for comfort to the next neighbor's yard and stop because there are numerous stumps that are hidden in the 6" grass. That place sold and yesterday my wife heard the new neighbor hit something . His rider began to clank and clatter immediately. If I could I would walk any new territory before mowing.