snow plow question for my riding mower

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I didn't know you had found one that fit your tractor. I guess that is how I read your first post. Sorry Yes by all means buy the plow with all the brackets and you will need tire chains and weights. Not only will you have a plow for snow but it gives you a plow in the summer if you need to level any dirt or back fill.

Last edited:

bkm48198

Threads
I didn't know you had found one that fit your tractor. I guess that is how I read your first post. Sorry Yes by all means buy the plow with all the brackets and you will need tire chains and weights. Not only will you have a plow for snow but it gives you a plow in the summer if you need to level any dirt of back fill.

I checked Sears.com this morning and looked at their new plows, and after reading thru I found one that says it fits my tractor. I'd rather save a bit of $$ by getting a used plow but might end up with a new one.

tigercat

Threads
A plow for a small tractor will be a waste of money IMHO. It just don't have the weight or traction to push snow over 3 - 4". If you had a 4x4 tractor then your plow will work. After the plow purchase, wheel weights better tires etc your already 1/2 the price of a smaller snowblower. I'd invest in a snowblower where you live. Did I mention the mouth of the driveway...that's always melted hard packed heavy snow. I hate this time of the year....

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
A plow for a small tractor will be a waste of money IMHO. It just don't have the weight or traction to push snow over 3 - 4". If you had a 4x4 tractor then your plow will work. After the plow purchase, wheel weights better tires etc your already 1/2 the price of a smaller snowblower. I'd invest in a snowblower where you live. Did I mention the mouth of the driveway...that's always melted hard packed heavy snow. I hate this time of the year....

I know what you are saying here but the OP doesn't. The best way to learn is just go ahead and do it.

de dee

Threads
the main thing plows ask is how wide is the frame on the front of the tractor, and is the frame heavy enough to take the Wt.and is your front end cast iron ( steering )

gfp55

Threads

I agree, you need more then a lawn tractor to push/blow snow.250 (2).jpg