Snapper series 8 model 28108e does no charge, should it?

RideEmcowboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Snapper series 8 model 28108e does no charge, should it?
I have just bought this series 8 model 28108e second hand. can get it start and run, but i put my volt meter on the battery and there is no charge at all. 12.8 volts, no change no matter where the throttle is. after looking at the parts page i do not see anything as far as diodes anywhere. how does this thing supposed to charge?

Bertrrr

Threads
Should read close to 14volts , you need to look at the wires from magneto to voltage regulator - should read 30 plus into the Voltage regulator , from there should read around 14 volts to the battery.
There is a procedure on Utube to lay it out for you if you do a search.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it has a regulator. Look it up in your engine parts schematic. See what you are working with.

RideEmcowboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it has a regulator. Look it up in your engine parts schematic. See what you are working with.
its defiantly a B&S L series Single piston engine, as to which one, hard to say the previous owner replaced the recoil housing and it has no engine tag anymore. but i have a similar engine without a starter setup, and besides the starter the engine pretty identical. slightly different carb, but that's about it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IF it is the original engine.

1689087777662.png

IPL list four possible stators but no regulator listed so that kinda narrows it down to either a DC only or a Dual Circuit stator.

RideEmcowboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
IF it is the original engine.

View attachment 65784

IPL list four possible stators but no regulator listed so that kinda narrows it down to either a DC only or a Dual Circuit stator.
Well he said it was. looks just a little bigger than my 9 from other mower. Thanks that's great info.