StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1658350418973.png

Mike12656

Threads
Thanks
I have that diagram and I been tracing the wires with it for about 45 minutes now
I think I may just hook up the new switch and see what happens I may wrong about bad wiring—its all the original oem wiring
Could the switch just be the problem the old one would turn not off the engine could ground terminal be bad on the old switch?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Could be only the switch or wires or both. Only you can decide whether you need to check the wires in the harness loom. No one here is standing next to you to see what you have and tell you how in-depth you need to go.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What I do is use some patch cords ( fancy name for short jumpers ) to make the connections you see in the little box on the right side of the drawing at the plug .
As your problem was not turning off then all you need to do is check there is ground on the ground wire then jump the ground to the magneto and check for ground at the magneto kill wire which on the diagram Star posted would be green to red at the switch plug
However I would double check the wires myself because those colours go against conventional wiring colours
Using black for unswitched power and red for a switched ground is a recipie for disasters.

Mike12656

Threads
Bert and Rivet
I will try that what you guys said and get to you