Snapper LT16 36" Snowblower Belt Routing

JayC

Threads
My 36" snowblower belts blew up at the end of last season - I finally put the new ones in yesterday, but had to guess at the routing and tensioner/spring placement (memory isn't that good) - it rolls OK, but something doesn't look quite right to me. I think it is the same as before, but I got it used last year, so who knows what a PO might have done. The tensioner spring on the big pulley has about twice the stretch as the one for the little pulley - seems weird as they are identical springs.

Anyhoo, if anyone is familiar with the Snapper blowers, please check out the attached pics and let me know if it looks correct. A link or manual page that shows correct routing would be great too.

Thanks much - JayC

Attachments

• blower1.jpg
    blower1.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 26
  • blower2.jpg
    blower2.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 26
  • blower3.jpg
    blower3.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 20

Ifixdit

Threads
JayC,

There are several YouTube hits for Snapper LT16. You may have to watch a few to see if anyone mentions belt routing. An easier step would be to get your serial number and punch it into the Snapper.com website. If all else fails you can always call Snapper and I'm sure they could email you a PDF with the proper diagram. Good luck.

Adam

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would have used a shorter belt where the blue kevlar belt is... The tensioner is almost at its full travel in the picture... Kevlar belts don't stretch much but will set in a little as they break in... :smile:KennyV

JayC

Threads
I would have used a shorter belt where the blue kevlar belt is... The tensioner is almost at its full travel in the picture... Kevlar belts don't stretch much but will set in a little as they break in... :smile:KennyV

Yea well, actually both tensioners are maxed out, but I used the belts that are specified by Snapper, so what can ya do?

JayC

Ifixdit

Threads
Maxed out tensioners are only gonna cause the belts to wear quicker. Since it's an older model and parts and pieces have surely worn the manufacturers recommended belts work best under optimal service conditions. I would consider going up one size once to ease the tension a bit.

JayC

Threads
Maxed out tensioners are only gonna cause the belts to wear quicker. Since it's an older model and parts and pieces have surely worn the manufacturers recommended belts work best under optimal service conditions. I would consider going up one size once to ease the tension a bit.

No, they're maxed out in the other direction. Min-ed out, I guess.

JayC

lizard

Threads
Belts need to be run for 10 minutes.......then they are right for work as they do not stretch much after that......just wear out.....keep a eye out for any strange noises or burning rubber........that means trouble.:eek:

JayC

Threads
JayC,

There are several YouTube hits for Snapper LT16. You may have to watch a few to see if anyone mentions belt routing. An easier step would be to get your serial number and punch it into the Snapper.com website. If all else fails you can always call Snapper and I'm sure they could email you a PDF with the proper diagram. Good luck.

Incidentally, I emailed Snapper tech support asking for a diagram - they replied w/in an hour or two asking for specific model #s and such (even though there is only one 36" blower made for the LT16). I sent back model #, plus parts manual number, parts manual pages and ref number for the belts in question, AND attached a pdf of the manual so there couldn't be any confusion.

They never replied back.

JayC

Ifixdit

Threads
JayC,

If you could provide me the info I'll see what I can come up with. You can reply back here or PM me either way. Cheers!

JayC

Threads
Hey Ifixedit -

The blower model/series is #82597 as per parts manual. Parts are outlined in a supplement to PM #06614 (1/87). Belts in question are pictured/listed on pages 15.18 and 15.19.

Model# as per sticker on the side of the blower is 360LTST.

Thanks - JayC