snapper LT100

boonlawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought LT100 in 2009, the first day i test run the tractor when went over up hill (less then 10 degree sloop) it made shirring noise from the rear end. I took it to the dealer, they said they replaced the transmission, it still making noise i just excepted. today it when it went over the sloop it almost did not made it, when it got on the level area i step on the pedal it move very slowly, it did not made whirring noise ether. on the way back it seem to run ok.
What could it be, the warranty is running out in 10 days.
my neighbor said i should check the running belt, it look good to me.

noma

Threads
Hay Boonlawn

I think i would take that back to the dealer , if you are that close to end of warranty. A good dealer should do that any way if they think they are going to sell you anything in the near future. I think i would have taken it back a lot sooner if it still had this problem and had them figure it out. Now they may not do nothing. Did the dealer happen to forget to put oil in tranny, or not enough oil or wrong kind?Does the running belt have any chunks out of it or coming apart or cracks in the v part of the belt? Welcome aboard hope you get this broblem figure out good luck:biggrin:

boonlawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for your response, they replaced transmission close to 2 years now and it been working well aside from the whining noise, the slow moving just happen in the last two weeks and it not consistence, not always happen. as for taking it to the dealer, it cost $60 to drop off and $60 for pickup. I think it is time to learn how to care for lawn mower my self now.
I will check the running belt again today, yesterday i just look but did not inspect it.

Hay Boonlawn

I think i would take that back to the dealer , if you are that close to end of warranty. A good dealer should do that any way if they think they are going to sell you anything in the near future. I think i would have taken it back a lot sooner if it still had this problem and had them figure it out. Now they may not do nothing. Did the dealer happen to forget to put oil in tranny, or not enough oil or wrong kind?Does the running belt have any chunks out of it or coming apart or cracks in the v part of the belt? Welcome aboard hope you get this broblem figure out good luck:biggrin: