snapper hi vac with a vibration

afoulk

Threads
Hey guys, I have a Snapper hi vac self propelled mower and I have a vibration problem with the self propelled part of the mower. If I use the mower in one of the first 2 speeds, there is basically no vibration, but if I use any of the higher speeds, the rubber driven disc starts jumping up and down on the metal drive disk on the deck. Is this maybe just a weak tensioning spring, a warped drive disk on the deck, bad bearing, or maybe a flat spot in the rubber driven disc? I can't really see or feel a flat spot in the rubber disc, or any play in the drive shaft bearings, but I hav'n't taken tension off of the rubber disc yet to see if theres play in the metal drive discs bearing. Metal drive disc feels pretty smooth yet, and when I got the mower and got it running, I took some emory cloth to the surface of it while running to clean some junk off of it from the previous owner letting it sit in his garage. Any ideas guys? Thanks.

p.s. I have an older snapper with the aluminum deck with the same drive set up, but instead of a solid rubber driven disk, it has an aluminum one with a rubber ring around the outside edge. Would this fit on the drive shaft of my newer one with the vibration, just to see if it goes away when I switch discs?