Mower deck SLT 1554 - mower deck stalls out

rodneyln

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub Cadet SLT 1554 mower (three blade deck); had it sense 2007.
I have new bearings, pretty new blades and the mower deck stalls out, but the engine never cuts back.
You can be rev the engine up to full throttle and turn mower on and start out fine.
Then be cutting along and you can hear the blades start to slow down so then have to stop and let it catch back up.
I have taken this mower to shop for repairs and still have same problem. It has had four belts put on this mower this year

Does anyone have any idea to what may be the problem ?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The belt is slipping. Could be a weak spring or the wrong belt. What I do when this happens is change the spring and or a smaller belt

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check these four possibilities: obstruction in clutch mechanism, worn/ damaged mower drive belt, frozen idler pulley's, frozen blade arbors.

Deerlane

Threads
Sounds like it's not your PTO belt, but the deck belt. On your deck you have a spring on a idler arm, the arm is stuck (Rusted) to the shell. Remove and clean all parts of rust. The shouldered washer needs and lube up well and the put back together, make sure it arm is free. Then should be good to go. :smile: