Sledding - What a Drag!

AndyMan

Threads
We had a new 6" of snow (on top of the foot or so of the old stuff) and the boys wanted to get out their ATVs. I used my big ATV and built myself a drag - a full sheet of plywood, eye hooks, chain, zip ties. Hooked the plywood behind the ATV and started dragging it in a path around the yard to flatten out an ATV trail. Suddenly I hear major laughing and see all three kids piled on the plywood, snow billowing up in front of them.

Seems they forgot all about their ATVs and decided it was more fun to be dragged around the yard on the plywood.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like a lot of fun, kids enjoy snow a lot more than grown ups do because they don't have all the responsibilities adults cope with. I read somewhere the ideal type of sled is an old metal car hood, the type that slopes down in front works best. Think you would have to go back several decades of cars to find a hood that wasn't flat. Tractor by Net com had a thread one time about a car hood being the ideal ready made gadget to move big stones with.