Simplicity Regency Starting Issue

LeakyBriggs

Threads
(I also posted this in the Briggs and Stratton Engine section then thought maybe it should be here. Sorry to moderators. Feel free to delete or adjust as necessary. Thanks.)

Hello lawn and engine folks. Having an issue now with my lawn tractor starting

Details:
Older Simplicity Regency (20 years? Not sure. Time and memory gets away...)
Briggs & Stratton 22HP Intel V-Twin
Valve cover stamp:
Model 44K777
Type 0115 E1
Code 071015YG.

Issue I'm having is a no start situation. Meaning the engine does not turn over when turning the key to on.

Things I've confirmed:
Battery is good.
Foot pedal switch is not blocked and presses in normally.
When turning the switch to "On", the fuel cutoff solenoid clicks.

But that's it. Not sure where to start for troubleshooting. You know, test here first, if good, move to here, test, if good, move to here.

Thanks for any input & help.

LeakyBriggs.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You start by going to simplicity and downloading the wiring diagram
The carb solenoid clicking is good as that shows the fuse is sound .
On the starting solenoid there will be 1 or 2 wires at the base
If only one pull it off and measure the voltage when you turn the key to S it should go from 0 V to 12 V ( battery voltage actually )
IF 2 wires check that the other one is ground when the key is in the S position ( some systems switch both power & ground )
If the single wire does not show battery voltage then you have a bad switch or broken wire in the cranking circuit
IN most cases the cranking circuit goes from the Key to the PTO to the brake to the solenoid
To check the solenoid
Single wire check for continuity between battery - and the body of the solenoid
IF OK then make a connection between the + battery cable and the tab the single wire connects to.
If good the engine will rotate ( careful what you lean on )
IF the key is in the run position when you do this the mower should start and run but if one of the seitches is bad it may stop the instant you release the brake or turn the blades on .
That should keep you bui=sy for now get back and let us know how it went.