SIMPLICITY MOWER - NO POWER (New battery) Is it the 794360 Regulator?

JUCD VPR

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / SIMPLICITY MOWER - NO POWER (New battery) Is it the 794360 Regulator?
Hi guys,

I have a Simplicity Regent Hydro 16
16Hp, 44" Cut, Briggs & Stratton

Model 28Q777

MFG 1692762

Serial No. 53670

My mower has 0 power, no lights, nothing. When I turn the key I get 0 , nada nothing happens. I bought a brand new battery, reads a good charged 12V. I did some checking with a volt meter, not getrting poer to the starter etc.

I THINK it may be the Regulator (5/9 AMP) Part No. 794360 (Ref no. 501A)

Can anyone help me out? I'm at a dead end and don;t want to spend 40 bucks for a part that may not be bad? But I think it;s the problem, any ideas?

Thanks in advance fellas!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not the regulator. Something is not hooked up right. Have you checked all the safety switches? First thing I would check is applying 12V to the small terminal on the solenoid and is if the engine turns over and starts. Have the key on and the parking brake on.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Start by checking the fuses to make sure one is not blown.

JUCD VPR

Forum Newbie
Threads
A little history might help.

The mower has always been kind of sluggish turning over, I figured the starter was going bad, sometimes it cranks up strong (always a fully charged battery) and sometimes it hits a spot and rumm rummm slow cranking etc. Well last year during a cold start up (this is when it's hard to crank, cranks good when warm) I heard a POP, like a fuze blew or something. Ever since, no power anywhere, no lights, nada. When I turn the key it does nothing also. PTO is not engaged, foot is on the brake, my butt is on the seat etc. 0 power anywhere from what I see.

So my next question is where are the fuzes located?

I could not find them anywhere? I guess i'll put the regulator back on since you don;t think it;s that.

How do you apply 12V to the solenoid to "check the solenoid" if your trying to start it while sitting on the seat and pushing the brake in? Isn't the solenoid the one under the seat?

Thanks for the help so far guys I really appreciate it. This mower drives me crazy.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The fuse is normally located somewhere near the starter solenoid. If the starter solenoid is under the seat with the battery the fuse may be under there also. Usually located under the seat in some hiding spot or in the area between the steering wheel and the engine in that cavity where the steering gears and wires are located.

I think that you may have several things going on at the same time.

Posibility that the valves are out of adjustment or the compression release mechanism on the camshaft is broke. If started with either one of these conditions for a period of time can lead to starter failure.

A bad electrical connection someplace causing excessive amp draw could have caused the fuse to blow.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
I've seen your machine with the pedal plug not completely in on the brake side of the tractor. Customer paid $80.00 pick up and got no labor on the bill for just plugging the safety all the way in .
Your foot can hit this harness easily .