Should ZTR operators be ticketed if the ROPS bar is removed?

Should ZTR owners be fined if the ROPS is missing?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • No.

Votes: 63 94.0%

• Total voters

mowerman05

Threads
  • / Should ZTR operators be ticketed if the ROPS bar is removed?
At least you voted many did not:thumbdown:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ehh, don't get me started with politics. That last election pissed me right off.

I voted, and I don't own a ZTR, just my '97 Craftsman:tongue:

Yeah, I agree politics is something we really don't need to start up threads about on these forums, sorry for the poor choice of analogies(I feel the same way you do!). But I really thought I could coerce another yes vote though, especially if you happened to be on hilly land when you voted:0)

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
At least you voted many did not:thumbdown:

OK, did you feel sorry for me and vote Yes?????? Someone did since I see it is now Yes=2 and No=19. It's nice to know there are sympathetic users on these forums:0)

X-man

Threads
Yeah, I agree politics is something we really don't need to start up threads about on these forums, sorry for the poor choice of analogies(I feel the same way you do!). But I really thought I could coerce another yes vote though, especially if you happened to be on hilly land when you voted:0)

I only mow in my trailer park. The only hill I deal with is at the compost pile I use.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I didn't even read all the post because this is a stupid question. Too many laws now and who in the world is going to ticked you when you are mowing on privet land. If you are dumb enough you should be able to mow with just a engine and a mower blade and not get a ticket. If a customer comes to me and wants safety switches or anything removed I will do it for them. If you want or don't want it should be your business not the laws. My vote is a big no.

mowerman05

Threads
Dice, check the post I voted early and with a no vote

Moto110ky

Threads
:thumbdown: Leave it to the insurance companys to fight this one out, lord knows with enough talk they will up their rates to accomodate this. Bottom line is use common sense!!!!

X-man

Threads
I saw this guy mowing at a high school with a ZTR today. He was mowing sideways on a hill with his ROPS folded down. Kinda pissed me off a little.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I saw this guy mowing at a high school with a ZTR today. He was mowing sideways on a hill with his ROPS folded down. Kinda pissed me off a little.

I don't mow up and down it just does not feel safe when the front wheels come off the ground.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Tom59

Threads
Simple answer NO. We don't enforce laws now why add another silly one. What's next airbags on mowers. Commercial guys are required to carry insurance their insurance provider can penalize them if need be. You get higher premiums , not some local yocal ticketing you.
That's absurd on many levels. Homeowners also carry home insurance if there was any kind of problem then trust me you would be answering that question on their forms. ZTR's especially down south where hills are like bigfoot sitings why would you need one. Up here in the NE you have some properties that need them. -personal choice -

Let insurance carriers work it out. Not politicians. Take cell phone laws , ah nevermind. I'll just get carried away. :smile: