Should I have bought it?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was at the local Goodwill store yesterday, they had a donated Toro 16 inch electric start snowblower, tagged price was $69.99. Did a Google with my Blackberry, results came back that model sold for about $400-$425 new. Saw results for one on Craigslist for $125. Debated about whether to buy it or not (it looked cared for) becuz I already have three blowers that run fine. So I didn't buy it. Should I have purchased it, just for something else to tinker with? :laughing:

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I would have bought it, tinkered with it and sold it for what you had in it to the next guy that asked if they could borrow yours. Sounded like a great deal!

LandN

Threads
for close areas around the house or garage it would be fine,i often thought of getting one for the back deck and the front porch....low maintenance is nice,..easy start ,..light weight.just make sure you can still get paddles and any other parts you 'might' need.toro is a good brand.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why not go for it, you can always get your money back if you sell it.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why not go for it, you can always get your money back if you sell it.

Well, let me tell you the PM I got from a TBN member yesterday, we were discussing how handy we were, and he told me quote:

"I have noticed that guys who are jack of all trades and handy at fixing things have both TOO MUCH JUNK AND A LOT OF TOYS (emphasis added) but it's never enough" Unquote.

He is right, so I didn't go back and buy it....:mad:

Black Bart

Threads
Well, let me tell you the PM I got from a TBN member yesterday, we were discussing how handy we were, and he told me quote:

"I have noticed that guys who are jack of all trades and handy at fixing things have both TOO MUCH JUNK AND A LOT OF TOYS (emphasis added) but it's never enough" Unquote.

He is right, so I didn't go back and buy it....:mad:
You did good.
If it has tits or tires it will cause you trouble.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
You did good.
If it has tits or tires it will cause you trouble.

Did I want it..yes.

Could I use it...yes

Do I have room for it...yes

Could I afford it....yes

Did I NEED it....NO....:laughing:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The person who dies with the most toys is the winner so go ahead buy it.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The person who dies with the most toys is the winner so go ahead buy it.

I got more toys than ANYBODY I KNOW and no kids to leave them to so why would I go and buy more?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very easy for me to spend your money. So go for it