Shed for craftsman LT1000

tmccar

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm planning on building a shed big enough to hold a Craftsman LT-1000 which has not arrived yet, Does anyone have the overall dimensions of this model of lawn tractor?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Maybe it’s just me, but I would be more concerned about the door size than the shed size. Most LT1000 units have a 42” cutting deck, so with the discharge chute attached, you need a door of 48” if you want easy entry and exit. Second, look at the door height, as from experience I learned that not having a high enough door means a sore head. Personally I would recommend going 12’ X 12’ platform, which will give you extra storage area down the road. You could go 8’ X 8’, but this would cut storage area and making roof design more difficult. Just my thoughts, might not be worth the time to read it. Remember, your better half will see it as a place to store their garden stuff.

tmccar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you! I am thinking about doing an "A-frame" shed so I'll draw it in CAD and see what will work.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Built mine with a gable roof, but made the mistake of not making the door opening large enough. A-frame is a good design and cheaper, but very limited if storage is needed in the future.

tmccar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, that's a fair point. But I won't be needing much extra storage so I think I'll stick with it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Go look at some the sheds at your local Home Depot, Lowes, or other building supply store for roof design ideas. Personally an A frame type is just a head banger. A different wall and roof system would be safer way. Now the A frame I ever built was a chick coup and the chicken didn't mine it but I bang my head a few times.
1710851905109.png
A half octagon roof system gives a lot more room. (Double sloped roof) And the wall height can a lot lower than as pictured below as these is no internal cross members to bang you head with the right design.
1710852315389.png

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Punch a hole in the end of the discharge chute and put a small eye bolt in it with a large stiffener plate under the chute
Then you can tie it back when going through the door