Sharpen hedge trimmers

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do any of you guys get hedge trimmers sharpened?

I have two sets of Stihl trimmers and both sets do not seem to cut as smooth as they once did?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do any of you guys get hedge trimmers sharpened? I have two sets of Stihl trimmers and both sets do not seem to cut as smooth as they once did?

I can not find anyone that does them anymore.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can not find anyone that does them anymore.
What do you do? Replace blades? Sell them cheap on Craig's List and buy new? Run them dull?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I sell them and buy new. This year I am using the echo hedge trimmer attachment

On my cub cadet 4 stoke head

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
3" electric angle grinder. It's time consuming but not difficult.

Mike88se

Threads
I sharpen my blades but I'm not as busy as some here. It doesn't take a whole lot of time really. It is a minor PITA.
I use an angle grinder and a flat file.

edd

Threads
several good videos on youtube about this

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I sell them and buy new. This year I am using the echo hedge trimmer attachment

On my cub cadet 4 stoke head

I did not know the Echo attachments and Cub a Cadet attachments would interchange. I am going to purchase some Echo stuff next week. I have a pole saw, hedge clippers, edger, brush blade, and cultivator that all fit the Cub Cadet. I have a dead Cub Cadet 27cc power head and a 27cc that runs great. I just need to get rid of the Cub Cadet because it uses 40:1 oil and the other equipment I run uses 50:1 and it is a pain to keep separate gas mixed. I figured I would have to sell all of the attachments as well.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did not know the Echo attachments and Cub a Cadet attachments would interchange. I am going to purchase some Echo stuff next week. I have a pole saw, hedge clippers, edger, brush blade, and cultivator that all fit the Cub Cadet. I have a dead Cub Cadet 27cc power head and a 27cc that runs great. I just need to get rid of the Cub Cadet because it uses 40:1 oil and the other equipment I run uses 50:1 and it is a pain to keep separate gas mixed. I figured I would have to sell all of the attachments as well.

They don't
The tab that holds the attachment in place is on the power head side. ( the spring loaded tab ) buy