Servicing your mower deck with lifting device

Nwatson99

Threads
Gents what lift rack do you use for maintenance work under your mowing decks?
I currently have the MoJack 300lb lift cap I use and it seems to work just fine and not over weighted according to my calculations on the axis pivot point, but with the new mower on order and the more complex MOD deck it appears I will have to go under the deck for more extensive cleaning and inspection.
This evening I was reading good reviews and liked the structural design with the weight and lifting mechanism, so I decided to get the MoJack PRO Mower Lift.
Yes it is some overkill, but I cannot move as fast as I use to and feel with double the weight capacity with holding, using the strap for lifting vs a screw rod, plus the geared lifting system and locking device, it is the best for safety while under a commercial machine and mowing deck.

I should have asked this before I ordered, but good thing I have until Monday to find a better solution and cancel the order if need be.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
It's kind of hard to put a price on personal safety. I wouldn't rethink that decision one bit. Unless you find the same lift at a discount somewhere else...

L8R,
Matt

Nwatson99

Threads
It's kind of hard to put a price on personal safety. I wouldn't rethink that decision one bit. Unless you find the same lift at a discount somewhere else...

L8R,
Matt

Hey Matt
Yea I was thinking the same thing plus when I found it cheaper than any other store or online store and the price even blew Amazon away, so I figured hey for that price better jump on it now.
$421.05 delivered to my front door.
Neil

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Then it's definitely a win/win for you. Enjoy your new lift when you get it!

L8R,
Matt

tigercat

Threads
I use the PRO-LIFT T5500 tractor lift. It easily lifts up my Scag and smaller lawn tractors.
Here is a short video of me and the lift. This season, no more PITA issues with the jack slipping out!

http://youtu.be/ZgtCoBOGkLo

AnthemBassMan

Threads
That works out pretty good! I like the platform you made for the push mower. A little easier to use than the saw horses and half pallet that I use to do tune ups to my mower. I was looking at one of those lift carts from Harbor Freight to use instead. But space is at a premium in my single stall garage...

L8R,
Matt

X-man

Threads
I just remove the mowing deck. I only have a floor jack to use if I need to lift my tractor up in the air and it doesn't lift it that high.