Service Q.

Michael72

Threads
What does a standard push mower service cost on that side of the pond.. oil, air filter, plug, blades and customer responses to that price?...I get so many mowers in that have received years of abuse and when you point out that a standard service is just that and it doesn't include an intensive care service because you have neglected your mower and it needs some extra tlc!!...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I charge $ 45.00 + partd down here.
We have a flat rate bloke that charges $ 65.00 including parts
And yes I cop all sorts of abuse when a epair comes to over $ 100 because they can buy some Chinees garbage at the local big box store for the same amount.

Michael72

Threads
I charge $ 45.00 + partd down here.
We have a flat rate bloke that charges $ 65.00 including parts
And yes I cop all sorts of abuse when a epair comes to over $ 100 because they can buy some Chinees garbage at the local big box store for the same amount.

Thanks

lol... I guess theres a lot of folk who just dont like grass/garden and cutting it...but it doesnt take much effort to at least take it in out of the rain :)
had a guy here that who nearly had a stroke when i gave him the bill and i said to him...Do you leave your hood up on your car when its raining?!....its a tough game to be in at times cause this guy without doubt will be moaning to his buddys how expensive i am.....his bill was about 100$ ish.... I try and hold back by not saying " if you had any respect for your tools etc you woulnt be moaning as much when its time to open the wallet" :biggrin:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cost here is $75/hr + parts. Tune-up and blade sharpening runs about $75-100. Includes new plug, oil, filter, adjusting RPMs, scraping deck and blade. Complete checkover will run $90-150 depending on the model and what we may find wrong.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Simple tuneup on push mower I charge $19.95 plus parts, tuneup includes replacing air filter, spark plug and changing the oil, sharpening the blade. Any other work is extra. So the parts replacement can get you in the $30 range.

I deal with a lot of Walmart, Menards customers, I see a lot of $139 push mowers. so do repairs on mowers over $50-60 bucks and you will own the push mower.

Michael72

Threads
Cost here is $75/hr + parts. Tune-up and blade sharpening runs about $75-100. Includes new plug, oil, filter, adjusting RPMs, scraping deck and blade. Complete checkover will run $90-150 depending on the model and what we may find wrong.

Thats a good price.....with parts being cheaper over there too....id like to be getting that all day every day!!

Michael72

Threads
Simple tuneup on push mower I charge $19.95 plus parts, tuneup includes replacing air filter, spark plug and changing the oil, sharpening the blade. Any other work is extra. So the parts replacement can get you in the $30 range.

I deal with a lot of Walmart, Menards customers, I see a lot of $139 push mowers. so do repairs on mowers over $50-60 bucks and you will own the push mower.

Yeah the prob with these cheap mowers is a lot of people will just use it until it dies and get another!...

thanks for reply's... im tryin to hit a happy medium with cost....to avoid cardiac arrest in the workshop :)... might get a de fib just incase lol

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah the prob with these cheap mowers is a lot of people will just use it until it dies and get another!...

thanks for reply's... im tryin to hit a happy medium with cost....to avoid cardiac arrest in the workshop :)... might get a de fib just incase lol

Gee ...... I wonder why I still see a few folks with 20 - 30 year old machines that still look and work great ?? AHhhh ........ it was probably all that QUALITY , INTEGRITY , PRIDE , CRAFTSMANSHIP , and thinkin your grandparents might buy one, kind of thinkin

HEY It's FRIDAY .... 4:00 o clock , grab your check and lets head down to Happy-Hour !!! Just slap it together and lets go !!!