Self propel belt size

Vervepipes

Threads
I've run into a bit of a problem in trying to get my Ariens self propel back in working order. The belt part number of aftermarket belts lists the belt as a 3/8x32.5" (9.5mmx838mm), or 3L325 V belt. No stores carry this size that I can find, and I've spent hours looking and calling. I don't want to buy online and pay 3 times the worth of the belt in shipping costs. The closest I've found is 3L320 and 3L330. Half an inch would translate to 1/4 inch longer or shorter distance betwixt the pulleys. Is there enough play in a mower's system to accommodate 1/4" difference one way or the other?

Vervepipes

Threads
Problem solved, I forgot there was another Sears on the other side of the city and they had 5 in stock.

chetstar01

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've run into the same problem with my belt. If you don't mind me asking what belt were you able to find at sears?

577jersey

Threads

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
We had a manufacturing plant here is Springfield that used to be called Dayco. Dayco used to make belts for everything including the cheep line of belts. All from the same factory just with a different cardboard covering the outside with a different name on it. It just amazes me that people are all about price = quality. It is not so to a point. Take in point Nike shoes. Outrages price and total crap for quality.