Seat saftey switch

imatthewfrix

Threads
Let me say that, what I want to do keeps the safety switch functional and safe, using a bush button to bypass the safety switch, but if I was to fall of the mower my hand or fingure would come off the button and the safety switch will function properly and shut the mower off...

I have a pretty steep hill i have to cut and i cant go up and down it i have to run sideways.. and its a pain in the ... to lean over and keep the seat safety pushed down, so I come up with an idea to wire the seat safety switch to a push button that i can push to bypass the safety switch till i let go of the button. but iv tried every way possible to jump wires together and nothing seems to work.. Only way I seem to get it bypassed is to unplug the seat and reverse safety switch under the dash but I want to keep both of them functional I just to to be able to hold a button down to bypass the seat safety till i let the button go.

Does anyone know which wires bypass the seat safety?

Heres a pic of the seat safety switch connecter
And the two black wires is just like a jumper wire or something it just goes from the far left and jumps over the the 3 black wire..

Attachments

• 1374107510469.jpg
    1374107510469.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 1374107567542.jpg
    1374107567542.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 1374167650870.jpg
    1374167650870.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can you not just put your hand on the seat and steer with one hand. I have some hills I do and sit next to the seat and just put my hand on the seat.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

imatthewfrix

Threads
Can you not just put your hand on the seat and steer with one hand. I have some hills I do and sit next to the seat and just put my hand on the seat.

Thats sorta what I do, I would just like to have the button to use so I'm a little more comfortable

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hate to say this, but all the good techs are not going the tell you how to change, bypass, or alter any safety devices. It is against the law for us to do so. Just to let you know that if you take it in to a reputable repair shop for service, they will remove any alteration and put it back in as manufactured condition, at your expense.

imatthewfrix

Threads
Hate to say this, but all the good techs are not going the tell you how to change, bypass, or alter any safety devices. It is against the law for us to do so. Just to let you know that if you take it in to a reputable repair shop for service, they will remove any alteration and put it back in as manufactured condition, at your expense.

Well I know its "illegal" and I do service on my own mower so I dont have to worry about the repair people changing everything back. I don't really like the having other people working on my mower..

Maybe someone could PM how to do it just tell me which wires i need to do what with..

I also don't plan on selling it and if I was to sell it I would put everything back the way it was.. But for now I plan on keeping it till the motor blows..

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

I agree
I am not a tech but I will not tell you how.
I know the dang switches can be a pain in the butt
I blame all the dumb fools that have cut there fingers or foot off. Did the think the blades would just stop when it's hit there hand?

imatthewfrix

Threads
I agree
I am not a tech but I will not tell you how.
I know the dang switches can be a pain in the butt
I blame all the dumb fools that have cut there fingers or foot off. Did the think the blades would just stop when it's hit there hand?

Its not like Im 13, Ive been running a mower since I was 13 so what 5 years every week every summer... I know what Im doing when Im cutting and I know accidents happen..
I just want to hook my seat safety switch up to a momentary rocker switch so when i press it down it bypasses the safety switch and when I let go it goes back and engages the safety switch to work properly

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you ask a question and don't like the answer, why get mad at those that answer you. You know it is illegal to alter safety features, but still get mad at those of us when we won't help you do something illegal. We are not 13 either and have learned (sometimes the hard way) that you have to play within the rules, even if we don't like or agree with them. As I said earlier, no reputable tech will tell you how, especially here where no one even knows who you are. We have to protect ourselves, and you may not believe this, but it is not that hard to identify most members.