Scotts = Murray?

prangster

Threads
I recently acquired a Scotts model 50567x8, 20 hp, 50" rider. I
can find very little info on this mower but it occurs to me that the mower is likely a rebadged Murray. True? Can anyone cross reference these (or other) mowers? An owners manual would be very helpful in dealing with the deck and especially with servicing the trans. It warmed up in a hurry here in NC and I need to get cracking!
Thank you so much for your help. This community is VERY generous!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The owners manual will be of no use in servicing the Hydrostatic transmission. Basically the Peerless VST205-023B is none serviceable.

As for the deck you would have to wing it there too by comparing thing to the IPLs.

prangster

Threads
The owners manual will be of no use in servicing the Hydrostatic transmission. Basically the Peerless VST205-023B is none serviceable.

As for the deck you would have to wing it there too by comparing thing to the IPLs.
Good news on the trans!! I just wanted to check fluid levels. As for the deck, an owners manual, or just a page or two would really shortcut the r + r process. I have found that figuring out mowing decks can be a real vocabulary booster! By the way, IPL?
Thanks for your reply. Shade tree mechanics salute you!

MowerNick

Threads
Alot of the old murray diagrams never made it online. I still have my old micro films with break downs but idk how to get them on here for you. Maybe try to reach out to a local shop in your area.