scored two more

beg

Threads
picked up a duraforce silver self propelled and a f motor gold series with 3 speed trans both are in really good condition but dont run cant wait to tear into them.drove 90 miles round trip but it was worth it.oh yeah they threw in an extra mulch plate and and some Lawnboy ashless oil too.will show pics when I am done of before and afterlawnboy2 002.jpg

D

DSepe

Have this mower bought it when Lowe's stopped selling them back in the day. Glad I got my true 2-stroke lawnboy before the 2-stroke line creased to exist.

mark-o

Forum Newbie
Threads
picked up a duraforce silver self propelled and a f motor gold series with 3 speed trans both are in really good condition but dont run cant wait to tear into them.drove 90 miles round trip but it was worth it.oh yeah they threw in an extra mulch plate and and some Lawnboy ashless oil too.will show pics when I am done of before and afterView attachment 21225
Replace the coil and cut away... I have 2 silver series and its common:thumbsup:

beg

Threads
It needed a coil allright and a carb cleaning drilled out the jets and with two primes it started first pull and the traction cable broke first pull also.I will say it again never bend the handles over.

joe_267

Forum Newbie
Threads
picked up a duraforce silver self propelled and a f motor gold series with 3 speed trans both are in really good condition but dont run cant wait to tear into them.drove 90 miles round trip but it was worth it.oh yeah they threw in an extra mulch plate and and some Lawnboy ashless oil too.will show pics when I am done of before and afterView attachment 21225

Wow! You guys in the Midwest are killing me :D I remember when I lived in Wisconsin and Lawn Boys were all over the place. Live out East now and can't find an Gold Series with an F engine for sale anywhere within 500 miles of CT. Just for the heck of it I took a look at Craigslist in Milwaukee, and the first mower posted July 4th, was of course a LB Gold Series with an F engine for $60. In pretty much mint condition! :drool:

I need to get back out to Wisconsin for a visit I think!

Anyway I am new here, but I seem to have caught the Lawn Boy bug, so I'm sure you will be seeing me around here and there. Hope to be able to contribute something!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
LBs are also harder to find here in the Deep South. :mad:

joe_267

Forum Newbie
Threads
Beg - Maybe you should load up a Uhaul and do a road show. Think of all us New Englanders and Deep South residents clamoring to buy an LB! :laughing:

beamo

Forum Newbie
Threads
To what size are you drilling the jet(s)? I just scored a LB duraforce 6.5 and it surges. I'm guessing a lean condition...what size do you suggest?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
To what size are you drilling the jet(s)? I just scored a LB duraforce 6.5 and it surges. I'm guessing a lean condition...what size do you suggest?

There are several threads discussing that in detail. Turfboy1997 (I hope I got the username right :ashamed: ) has written a lot about it.

I've never had a duraforce -- but I'm always on the lookout. I want to try out these techniques -- I just need to find the right mower at the right price.

BTW, that surging is a classic symptom of running too lean -- which the drilling will fix -- just do it carefully.