scalping....

unkledude

Threads
Posted in another part of this forum about scalping. No bent blade but my mower deck is out of level. I have no idea how to level it. There are 4 anti scalp wheels all set to the same setting if it helps. I've got an old lawn boy re8 ( not sure of the year, apx 1984)

Thanks,

Steve

twinfords

Threads
sounds like something is bent, put mower on flat surface, take out tape measure and measure all points, see what is different, take blade off and lay on flat surface and do the same measuring.

unkledude

Threads
sounds like something is bent, put mower on flat surface, take out tape measure and measure all points, see what is different, take blade off and lay on flat surface and do the same measuring.

I'm guessing you mean take the deck off ? I will try what you've said !

Thanks

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Decks have front and rear hangers - i use my iPhone level app .
Look for any bent hanging arms .
Most arms are two bolt adjustment for each side .

rander

Threads
This may seem like a stupid comment but is the air pressure in mower tires at specified by the manufacturer and equal? Low or unequal tires can put a deck out of level and cause mowing problems.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Your SO right about tire pressure - even a mechanic forgets that one lol

unkledude

Threads
I haven't checked the tire pressure.....yet. lol. Any idea what it should be? They're 16x8x7.5

Looked at the deck and one side was 1/2" higher than the other so I adjusted it.

It's raining today so I won't be able to see

Great advice tho

Thanks,

Steve

Lawnranger

Threads
I haven't checked the tire pressure.....yet. lol. Any idea what it should be? They're 16x8x7.5

The tire pressure is usually listed on the sidewall of the tire itself in raised letters similar to the tire size but possibly a different font size. The pressure spec. may be on the inboard side of the tire so if you don't see it on the outboard side, check the inboard side.

unkledude

Threads
Haven't checked the air pressure but I did cut the yard. It's a lot better than it was before it still scalps in some places but not nearly as much. I need to adjust the cut now. Again y'all Thanks for helping me.

Steve. :thumbsup: