Scag Turf Tiger with Kohler command 22ch help please

scag43

Threads
Hi to everyone.., new to the forum...I have a scag turf tiger with a Kohler command 22ch, here is my situation..the ammeter works for 1 or 2 minutes then it goes back to 0 , I don't know if the relay is going bad, but when engine is cold it works like 5 minutes or so..If I engage the blades the engine losses a lot of power, if I disengage the blades, the mower runs fine and very strong and still the ammeter is on 0 ... Any ideas what could be wrong...I will really appreciated any help ..Thank You

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
After the gauge goes to 0 then check the voltage at the battery with a meter. If it is in the 13.5v neighborhood then don't worry about the gauge.

the lose of power is a totally different issue which could be several things. Bad spindle, bad pulley, dirty carb, one cylinder weak, running on one cylinder, etc.

scag43

Threads
Ok, replace both New fuse holder 12g with new fuses, ammeter works better for a wile then drops to 0 againg...even when guage was working at 10+ mower still lose power when I enguage the blades.., I did test the battery when ammeter was on 0 and the Battery voltage was 13.5volts....any other sujection Please:mad:

scag43

Threads
Hi there, i just check the coils, and only 1 coil is working, there is no spart on the other coil..My question , How can I replace the coil on this Kohler 22ch engine,,? Thank you

Lawnranger

Threads
My question , How can I replace the coil on this Kohler 22ch engine,,? Thank you

In general, you remove whatever is necessary to remove the blower housing and then you should be able to get to the coils. You can go to kohlerengines.com to find a wealth of information about your engine.

scag43

Threads
:smile:Hi there, is working now, very strong mower, it is missfiring a little bit and a little of white smoke, but I beleive is the oil for the piston that had no spark, I will do a tune-up today, any idea how many quarts of oil it will take..Thank you