Scag Turf Tiger ll vs Scag Cheetah ll

MomperJ

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am a 16-year-old with a little lawn business. I have a Cub Cadet Pro x 654. I am looking to add one more for next summer. I want a sit-down instead of another stand-on to make grass and leaf clean up better than on a stand-on. I can't decide between the 2. I want a 61-inch deck. And the biggest EFI engine I can get. Just looking for your advice. Thanks

Lawn Addict
Threads
They are both overpriced in today's economy.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They are both overpriced in today's economy.
Peoples ideas about what is over priced generally comes from complete ignorance of the actual cost of manufacturing.
Just about all of the big brand name mowers are way too cheap and to keep them cheaper than the competitors lots of nasty short cuts are taken which is why most new mowers are trash .
People seem to think things are made from fairy dust supplied free by Santa's helpers .
The price of raw materials is skyrocketing
Scrap steel is now bringing a higher price than black stock was being sold for 10 years ago
And as for copper prices, they are starting to give silver a run for the money
Labour in the USA seems to still be at 1960's rates proving slavery is alive & well in the land of the free & home of the brave.
Transport prices on the other hand have doubled in the past 10 years and then there is insurance which is racing away at around 3 times the inflation rate .
And if you want to believe it is all the fault of the current occupant of the white house then that proves you are not capable of rational reasoned thought .
If you want to blame some one, then your search should start & finish at Wall St where the real criminals reside & plot their evil deeds not the white house where the ego maniacs who pretend to run the country try to keep Wall St happy for fear of loosing financial support that is needed to convince the population that one greedy criminal is better than the other equally greedy corrupt group of criminals .

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bert- I was fortunate enough to buy my Scag BEFORE the price jump happened.. That's what I mean.

And to the OP, if the economy settles down in time, you should be able to get either machine at better pricing.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is it that drives the prices in the economy? Cost of shipping and what drives the cost of shipping? Fuel. Who drove up the price of fuel? The current administration

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What is it that drives the prices in the economy? Cost of shipping and what drives the cost of shipping? Fuel. Who drove up the price of fuel? The current administration
Actually the price if fuel is set by the WALL ST futures market, not the government
And that is largely due to day traders buying up all of the spare capacity on the spot market plus the hedge funds buying up all of the uncontracted futures hoping the hysteria around the Russian-Ukrane war would cause a short supply situation ( which it did not by the way ) but just the same the price of oil skyrocketed due to the panic buying and what traders call Mass - volume effect
Fuel prices went up world wide including in Aust and we are not part of the Biden administration the last time I checked .
Fuel prices went up in the UK and they have a conservative government there .
Gas prices down here ( except in WA ) have tripled despite the cost of extraction remaining exactly the same but because of the shortage of Russian gas the local suppliers tripled the domestic price because they could with the knowledge that they could get even more for their gas if the local market cut back .
And they could do it because like in the USA CONSERVATIVE governments refused to mandate local supply volumes and maximum pricing because in the CONSERVATIVE mantra the "market" must always be free to set prices according to supply & demand unhindered by government interfearance .
And FWIW when I ran a delivery business fuel was only 20% of my costs
Insurance was 30%
The only 2 prices the government controls is tax & interest rates and even then the Reserve bank sets the interest rate
Si if taxes skyrocket then you can blame the government but if fuel prices skyrocket then look at the profits of the oil companies to see who is pushing them up .

Unfortuneatly the demented US election system manages to politize everything aspect of your life and the really stupid 2 party system ends up brainwashing the portion of the population that are too lazy to think for themselves that every thing the reds do is demonic if they vote blue and everything the blues do is wrong if they vote red where as both colours are 100% corrupt but like a good magican they keep misdirecting the gaze of their followers so they do not see how much they are being robbed by the party they voted for and that is regardless of the colour of their undies .

The last couple of weeks while I was on holidays I bumped into 5 Americans .
Four of them have fled in the last month to escape the political violence that was happening right now in their old towns, with 2 of them fearing a civil war if President Trump is either prosecuted or prevented from running in the next election .
And this is what you expect to see in third world countries with uneducated populations not a supposedly well educated politically stable country like the USA .
If you study modern history the parallels between pre WWII Germany & the USA are getting alarmingly close

SteveKoz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am a 16-year-old with a little lawn business. I have a Cub Cadet Pro x 654. I am looking to add one more for next summer. I want a sit-down instead of another stand-on to make grass and leaf clean up better than on a stand-on. I can't decide between the 2. I want a 61-inch deck. And the biggest EFI engine I can get. Just looking for your advice. Thanks
Looks like your post got turned into a political conversation.. :) What did you decide to buy? I went through the same thoughts that you did as I'm guessing most do when looking at this level of machines. I chose the Cheetah II with the 61-inch deck and Kawi EFI. Just picked it up yesterday. Had a few places with a Kohler Engines and a couple with the Briggs but only one had the Kawi which is what I wanted. To me I couldn't justify spending the extra few grand for the TT. I'm sure others that purchased the TT will tell you why they felt it was worth the extra money. I think with either machine you'll be happy. And congrats and best of luck with your business. Great hearing young people making something with their life.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool, You should enjoy the new machine.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I look at this way on prices. We the consumer that can control this to a point we only buckle down and hold their feet to the fire per say. But most consumers just gives in.

It the fuel prices here. I cut my consumption by over half when the prices got out of hand. While others were still willing to be wasteful I wasn't. And it is the same way with the groceries prices, I have changed my buying habit there too.

By the way it is the companies that are greedy and not totally the government fault as it is a free market system. Consumers do have the power to force companies to yield if they only use it. When they start running out of places to store their goods they will half to either sale it at a lower price or destroy it.

It just like the women have a lot power if they only will use it over the men. Just cut off the supply and they will come crawling back.