Scag suspension seat vs Trac Seat (liberty z)

Joshuatest

Threads
Ok guys I searched and see lots of topics saying it works.. but none comparing.

picked up a new liberty Z 52” and I’m adding suspension seat bracket, but don’t know which one yet.

the dealer wants $200 for the scag suspension seat bracket to mount under my seat. I sat on a different mower and it appears with rider weight that it will raise my seat height about 2.5” while in the seat, which is management but probably the max as the lap bars aren’t very tall.

Trac Seat makes a suspension seat bracket similar I can get for $140’ish, it’s advertised as low profile. But gives no measurements that are helpful without sitting on one.

does anyone have one already? Idea how much height it raised when in the seat?

anyone used both and can give any feedback on preference?

the price savings isn’t a huge issue. Low profile sounds good but if it doesn’t work as well, and is just as tall i would rather opt for the scag version.

4getgto

Threads
download.jpg
Is this the one you're talking about..?

Joshuatest

Threads
Yes. That looks like the Trac Sests one. The scag one is same concept in regards to how it mounts and has the adjustment in the front.

4getgto

Threads
I have one mounted on my tractor.
It does raise you about 1 1/2"- 2" above the stock mount where your seat originally mounts. That didn't bother me because I had to remake things differently to accommodate the new suspension anyway. So I just lowered things accordingly .

It's does make a big difference in ride (IMO).
It only has about 1" of travel. Doesn't sound like a lot but not a problem with my weight ( 170#).
Though I think people in 250-300# weight would possibly bottom it out quite often just because of the travel it has not because of adjustment.. IDK..
IMG_20190405_071555.jpg

4getgto

Threads
On a side note this is the one I put my Woods zero turn. I believe it's a Michigan 5300. But also $350.

download (1).jpg

IMG_20170804_164639.jpg

IMG_20170804_164753.jpg

Joshuatest

Threads
Hmm. I’m about 205. Scag told me it would raise it 4” but I sat on one and the compressed height change was probably 2.5”. 3” at most Just worried lap bar position will suck.

Thanks for the input

Joshuatest

Threads
Of course I can’t find a picture or part number for the scag version online. Trip to dealer tomorrow to inspect it. After watching some videos I’m wondering if it’s not the exact same part scag is using.

Joshuatest

Threads
Decided to stop at dealer and buy the “scag” suspension seat hardware and they come back with the same exact thing as the low pro one sold online.

I’m going to order it online now. Wonder if anyone’s actually used scag parts to do this? I’ve read posts saying scag says it’s possible but no posts showing it was done. At this point I’m wondering if it really is.

4getgto

Threads
Decided to stop at dealer and buy the “scag” suspension seat hardware and they come back with the same exact thing as the low pro one sold online.

I’m going to order it online now. Wonder if anyone’s actually used scag parts to do this? I’ve read posts saying scag says it’s possible but no posts showing it was done. At this point I’m wondering if it really is.
I'd go out on a limb and say they're identical ( except price).
I did quite a bit of research on those suspension kits and there wasn't many of them. There were air ride suspension kits too by only one mechanical that I'm aware of. You'll be fine.
Whether or not it's a direct bolt on will be a question..
Keep us updated..?

Joshuatest

Threads
Ok. Got my seat suspension kit (same aftermarket pictured above) and installed it. Hole alignment matched so no drilling. Although I did mount it upside down (per suggestion in a YouTube video) because it’s designed to mount to tracks for seat adjustment which would give you an inch of travel below mounting surface when compressed. Liberty not having tracks it was either use spacers or go upside down as the seat design gives you some room to work with.

Tighter the firmness up w good bit and also lowered the air pressure in my tires! Holy hell dealer had them way up there mid 20’s!!! So between the suspension and tire pressure it’s a whole new machine. And honestly the increased seat height by an inch or two feels better than i expected it would.

I’d call this a must have for liberty z owners.!!