??Scag SCR Cougar 27 hp Kawasaki cuts out after seconds or minutes after running well

monkfarm

Threads
  • / ??Scag SCR Cougar 27 hp Kawasaki cuts out after seconds or minutes after running well
:confused2: The 27 hp kawasaki has 659 hours, and is an 2002 with reasonable care, garaged. The engine had been running well, but started cutting out after just seconds or minutes after starting. It has good power while running, and seems to need some choke to start even when warm. I disable the safety switches, and installed a new fuel filter, and fuel pump, tightened the fuel connections, and checked the fuses. Just right oil level, and gasoline in the tank. Any ideas? Is it that electronic ignition? Help would be appreciated. . .

monkfarm

Threads
  • / ??Scag SCR Cougar 27 hp Kawasaki cuts out after seconds or minutes after running well
Do you think the problem could be a failing low oil alert shutoff sensor? I have just the right amount of oil in this engine, but what happens to these sensors when they are old?

monkfarm

Threads
I disconnected what I thought was the oil alert shutoff sensor (one wire, sensor in the center of the cylinder). And it's still cutting out after a few seconds.:confused2: