Scag gas caps

tigercat

Threads
I have a 3 year old Tiger Cat and I'd like to put a pair those fancy gas caps on mine that have the float / indicator built into the cap. So does anyone know if the gas caps they sell for the Turf Tigers will work on the Tiger Cat machines?

My original part number is 484286

Last edited:

Honda Tech

Threads
Did you ever get the answer to your question about fuel caps for your Scag TigerCat?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Due to the angle of the fuel fills and not much internal depth of the fuel tanks on Tiger Cub/Cat machines, the fuel cap mounted gauges will not work even if the threads are the same.
A Turf Tiger has a single rectangular fuel tank with a level fill and the cap/gauges work OK.
On Tiger Cub/Cat machines, there is a flat and level surface on the R/H tank where possibly an electric or mechanical gauge could be mounted into a hole that would need to be cut into the tank.
However with the odd shape of these fuel tanks, no gauge would have any degree of accuracy when the fuel level was low.

tigercat

Threads
I thought it would cool to have a gas gauge on the Tiger Cat machine, but it looks like I'm SOL. Well, it was a dream anyway. :smile: