SCAG CHeetah limp mode

RHand

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Y'all.... I have a 2020 SCAG Cheetah SCZ61V37BV-EFI machine with 145 hours on it. Yesterday I was cutting my lawn when it appeared to go into "limp" mode? Machine acted as though I push the throttle control all the way down to slow? So far, I checked/cleaned the air filter, checked hydro fluid level, and checked and cleaned both spark plugs. Can anyone maybe point me in the right direction to continue to troubleshoot this problem? The machine literally went out of warranty 2 days ago....any suggestions are appreciated!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It’s an EFI engine so, it needs to go to the dealer fo diagnosis.

RHand

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks MParr... was hoping for an easier fix, kinda thought I was going to reduced to taking it back to the dealer...maybe someone else has had the same or similar issue... dealer is closed today so it's not like I can take it to them today anyhow... thanks again!!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks MParr... was hoping for an easier fix, kinda thought I was going to reduced to taking it back to the dealer...maybe someone else has had the same or similar issue... dealer is closed today so it's not like I can take it to them today anyhow... thanks again!!
A carbureted engine is much easier to diagnose and fix.
An EFI engine has sensors, a CPU and other things to deal with. Think of it as being like the early throttle body fuel injected automobiles. A scan tool is needed to diagnose. There are codes stored in the CPU. Some manufacturers use a blinking light to give the code. Some have digital codes pop up on the hour meter. The Scag Tiger Eye gives the codes. Check your owners manual. In the end, you will still end up taking it to the dealer. Because, throwing parts at it isn’t the most economical thing to do.

Last edited: