Sayin' Hello to All the Alabama folks!

tumblerweed

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Everybody-

I'm loving the forum so far and am keeping my eyes out for anyone livin' in my area, so I thought I'd post a roll call. Who else is from Alabama in here? Where a-bouts?

I'm over in Auburn. It sure is getting chilly!

Looking forward to meetin' ya :biggrin:

Dave

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I spend most of my time in Atlanta but I have a place in Cleburne County where I spend most of my weekends. I'm a few miles north of I-20 and within one mile of the GA/AL line.

Ifixdit

Threads
I'll be visiting my folks in the very small town of Pickensville for Thanksgiving. Just giving the deer a fair notice now. :biggrin: Roll Tide!!

tumblerweed

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Guys- I'm glad I'm not alone on here...(haha)

Two Stroke-it seems you just snuck across the border to check out all AL has to offer :wink: I haven't spent too much time up North in Cleburne. You got a nice piece o' land up there?

Haha, nothin like huntin' with family to bring roll in that holiday season, ay fixdit? Glad to hear it!

I sure hope we're not the only one's from Alabama on here. Keep 'em comin' boys...

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey Guys- I'm glad I'm not alone on here...(haha)

Two Stroke-it seems you just snuck across the border to check out all AL has to offer :wink: I haven't spent too much time up North in Cleburne. You got a nice piece o' land up there?

Haha, nothin like huntin' with family to bring roll in that holiday season, ay fixdit? Glad to hear it!

I sure hope we're not the only one's from Alabama on here. Keep 'em comin' boys...

Yeah, it's really pretty in my part of Cleburne -- near the mountains and the Talladega National Forest. It's so close to the border that my cell phone keeps getting confused -- it can't decide which time zone it's in.:confused2:

biologyman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi from N/W Ala. It is cool and rainy. The killing frost is around the corner, only lawn work now is leaves to rake. Don't forget to prep your lawn mower for winter. Clear all of the muck from under the deck, scrub it clean and rub a light coat of oil to prevent rust. This will help it throw the wet spring clippings better. Also don't forget the gas tank. It needs to be clear of old gasoline. Empty the tank and let the engine burn the last gasoline out of the carb. Change the oil while the engine is hot. You will be glad next spring. Also take care of your 2 cycle engines empty the gasoline tank and burn the carb. clear by cranking the engine.

guyross

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm in north east Alabama where the lime rocks lay. Are you close to Muscadine?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm in north east Alabama where the lime rocks lay. Are you close to Muscadine?

Yes, I am just a few miles north of the Muscadine volunteer fire station. However, I don't get your reference to "lime rocks".

guyross

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here in Glencoe there is lots of quarrying for lime rock. It's a small big world isn't it.:smile:

tumblerweed

Forum Newbie
Threads
@guyross I have a cousin who lives in Glencoe. Glad to meet ya. :smile: