Sad -

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got back online after a six-year hiatus, the same day I first posted here. Thus, I entitled it "Hello, world!", a common phrase a brand-new programmer uses as output for a successful first program.

Six years ago, I lost my job. My buddy let me mooch off his connection. Between looking unsuccessfully for a job, I posted on Linux forums. Linux was the only thing I could afford to get into. Isn't it sad that nothing, even virtually, can be done free? Linux worked for me for awhile, but then my buddy lost his connection, too - and it took me 6 years to get back to where I was then.

Now, even still, I can only afford to mess with lawn mowers. Everything costs moolah. You can't really even talk about something without the cash to buy the thing you wanna talk about. I love mowers, but if I don't own one, my opinions are just that - opinions and perhaps memories.

These 12 hour days are getting to me.......:laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lots of something......lots of stressful something.....

Oh, you mean something ELSE? Naw.......fatigue is all I'm on.....too burned out to get to sleep, ya know?

173abn

Threads
Hang in there,don't ever give up. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
twall...
Here is a paper clip sculpture for you...
:smile:KennyV

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 7

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
LOL very funny.

Speaking of 'sad' I posted an album (well, 4 pics) of before and kinda after featuring my Craftsman.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
It'll be show-worthy when I'm truly done! :wink:

There were 3 layers of paint (one was done with a brush, in what looks and feels like house paint....) on top of the original, as well as a vinyl graphic. What a pain to clean up! My neighbor is going to sell me a couple of Dynamark clones for parts. I'm going to use the engine and dash from the best one. He can't remember if either has a deck. :frown:

Those old Dynamarks had an odd system: The lever to raise and lower the deck was on the deck, not the tractor. Same with the PTO lever.:eek:

As cheep as they were made, finding a deck will be a challenge.......

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
It'll be show-worthy when I'm truly done! :wink:

There were 3 layers of paint (one was done with a brush, in what looks and feels like house paint....) on top of the original, as well as a vinyl graphic. What a pain to clean up! My neighbor is going to sell me a couple of Dynamark clones for parts. I'm going to use the engine and dash from the best one. He can't remember if either has a deck. :frown:

Those old Dynamarks had an odd system: The lever to raise and lower the deck was on the deck, not the tractor. Same with the PTO lever.:eek:

Looked at your albums, be proud of the accomplishment on that project...if I did something like that my pictures would be labeled "before, before, before, before" because I wouldn't have the motivation to begin in the first place...!!! I'm sorry your employment situation has been so grim and admire your determination to get back on your feet...we here at LMF are rooting for you !!!:smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I

But I think there were LOTS of them, so there should be more than a few still around for parts... :smile:KennyV