S130 Grass Cutting Issues

lewk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I have a John Deere S130 Riding Mower. My problem is that when I mow, the grass is cutting unevenly. I have checked the tire pressures and they are all good and even. I also checked the deck and it seems pretty balanced. You can see the weird cutting patter in the picture below. Please help!

IMG_5349.jpeg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To me it looks like you have three possible causes to this problem. 1. Dull blades. 2. Deck is not level. 3. Not cutting at full throttle. 4. Cutting at more than trying to remove more than 1/3 of the grass height. I would start at sharpening the blades and make sure then deck is properly leveled, at the blade tip, not the deck housing.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
One of the blades might be on upside down.
There could be a spindle problem.
The deck could be packed with clippings.
There are many things to be checked.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
To me it looks like you have three possible causes to this problem. 1. Dull blades. 2. Deck is not level. 3. Not cutting at full throttle. 4. Cutting at more than trying to remove more than 1/3 of the grass height. I would start at sharpening the blades and make sure then deck is properly leveled, at the blade tip, not the deck housing.
I agree. If the blades are sharp, the deck is leveled correctly, and running at full throttle, there should be visible wind rows.

djvalade@gmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I have a John Deere S130 Riding Mower. My problem is that when I mow, the grass is cutting unevenly. I have checked the tire pressures and they are all good and even. I also checked the deck and it seems pretty balanced. You can see the weird cutting patter in the picture below. Please help!

View attachment 66941
I had a similar issue. I found that the belt was beginning to stretch. Replaced belt and grass cut once again SMOOTH!

Gadgets

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the mower is new to you be sure you have the correct spindles. I bought a used Cub Cadet mower with 54” deck. One spindle was replaced with a generic spindle about an inch shorter than the other two.

andyboy

Threads
I don’t see unevenness in the cut. I see tracks from the tires. I find that if I cut grass that is too long/wet the front tires flatten it but the blades can’t lift it up for a clean cut. Going over it again at a right angle seems to help but who wants to mow twice!