Rzt50 bogs down when cutting

Moducks

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey y'all, I'm a newbie here and recently experienced a problem with my rzt50.

The other day I was just finishing up and it felt like the mower was really struggling while mowing. I just figured it was due to the fact that I had been on it for a few hours and we ready to be done. I parked it and didn't give it a second thought. A week later, I go out to mow and the mower felt really sluggish with the blades engaged. I replaced the air filter, cleaned the carb (completely), checked the belt, replaced the fuel filter, etc. it's still doing the same thing after all that!
The mower runs fine with out the blades running but as soon as I switch them on, it really slows down. I mowed a patch (slowly) and then went back over it at full power and it almost killed it.

The zero turn has a Kawasaki motor with 75 hrs on it, manufacture date of July, 2011.

Any thoughts? I can hear the grass growing as we speak.

Thanks

RatRacer

Threads
Hey y'all, I'm a newbie here and recently experienced a problem with my rzt50.

The other day I was just finishing up and it felt like the mower was really struggling while mowing. I just figured it was due to the fact that I had been on it for a few hours and we ready to be done. I parked it and didn't give it a second thought. A week later, I go out to mow and the mower felt really sluggish with the blades engaged. I replaced the air filter, cleaned the carb (completely), checked the belt, replaced the fuel filter, etc. it's still doing the same thing after all that!
The mower runs fine with out the blades running but as soon as I switch them on, it really slows down. I mowed a patch (slowly) and then went back over it at full power and it almost killed it.

The zero turn has a Kawasaki motor with 75 hrs on it, manufacture date of July, 2011.

Any thoughts? I can hear the grass growing as we speak.

Thanks

Check all the belt pulleys and the underside of the deck & blades. Something maybe putting extra resistance on the the blade drive system.

Rocketman

Threads
Make sure that a stick or something hasn't jammed into the governer control arm.