RZT-S54 Start Inhibit

wrldtvlr

Threads
I have an RZT-S54 that has suddenly decided not to start. I noticed the previous couple of starting attempts that I needed to really needed to press the brake pedal to get the starter to engage, so I suspect the safety switch has vibrated out of alignment. Any tips on where I can find this switch and how to reach it? I don't seem to find any service manuals online for this mower.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You remove the floor board. See Item #2
1689781216134.png

Under there you will find two switches (Items 3). To see which is brake switch operate the brake.
1689781287370.png

wrldtvlr

Threads
Thank you. Pulling the floorboard looks a bit tricky. Taking the pedals off is straightforward, but the steering column will be interesting. Will see if I can just slide the floorboard up.

wrldtvlr

Threads
And my suspicion was correct... Thank you for the tip on how to access the brake switch. I did have to remove the pedals, slide the pan cover up the steering column and tape it up. The switch design is very poor. A single bolt holds it to the frame. The problem is that the switch can rotate such that the brake pedal no longer pushes the switch in. There should be a pin or two bolts through the switch to keep it aligned with the pedal. Oh well.