RZT 42

nodlenor

Threads
I sold my Cub Cadet RZT 42. That had to be the roughest riding lown mower I ever owned. Uncle Arther affects my lower back and that mower didn't help the cause any. I don't have anything against Cub Cadet but that one just didn't do it for me. I went back to a tractor type which rides better. I don't know if all zero turn mowers ride like that or not but I've noticed others that appeared that way.

benski

Threads
In hindsight, it may have been worthwhile to check the tire pressures on your mower. Every once in a while, someone gets a kick out of filling them to the manufacturer's max. rating, not a good thing for ride quality on an unsprung vehicle.

nodlenor

Threads
I tried that and everything else I could think of along with suggestions from others. If the seat would have had springs under it instead of solid rubber bumpers it might have helped. Also larger tires/wheels I think would have helped but there wasn't enough room for that. From what I have observed most zero turn mowers ride rougher than tractor types. Also It was hard to turn without tearing up the grass. The inside wheel would either spin or slide. Overall the tractor type seems to do a much better job of mowing even if it does take a little longer.

robert

Threads
nodlenor, I agree about the zt ride in general-when you get the chance demo a Ferris with rear suspension-my back liked the ride very much. The Exmark Quest has three springs for the seat and you can buy two more, don't know how much the two extra springs change things, but with the three is does bottom out fairly often.
I guess this is one good thing about it being in the shop so often, my back gets to rest up-alot. :laughing:

LT1045wrh

Threads
I agree, the ride is a lot smoother on the tractor type lawn mowers, but for speed, I like my RZT50. I can mow circles around the lawn tractor. The cut is nicer, too. Once you get the hang of driving, you won't chew up the grass as much when you turn around your plants or yard art. Sorry you didn't care for yours, but I love mine.
Wendy:cool:

Pete.S

Threads
I have a bad sciatic nerve that causes a lot of pain in my right leg. All riders are rough on bad backs. Some more than others. I use a CC RZT 42 to cut between 29 and 34 lawns per week. I also cut the grass at our local Humane Society Shelter and there I use my Craftsman LS 2000 tractor. I used the tractor today, and I have just taken four ibuprofen tabs for the pain and hopefully get some sleep tonight. What I'm trying to say is that there is no hard and fast rule on which is better or worse for your back, a tractor or zero turn. It all depends on your individual back.