Ryobi Blower Engine Trouble

keyser318

Threads
Hello every one I have a ryobi back pack blower RY08570. I have replaced the spark plug, replaced the gas with a premixed 50:1 fuel to oil ratio, cleaned the carburetor, removed the muffler and spark arrestor. It does not appear that the exhaust port is dirty or obstructed nor did it appear as though the carburetor was dirty. When I run it without the muffler, spark arrestor or filter on I appear to have the same problem that I had before. It is difficult to start but seems to run ok at choke speed once you start it up. I let it run at choke for 5 minute and it seemed to keep going. Once you try to open the throttle it will open up and seem to be running but then die. Once you get past this point if you don't kill it and let it return to idle, it struggles and dies once you try to open the throttle again. It appears as though it is a fuel problem since it starts off ok then dies. The one part I did not take apart in the carburetor is the pin mechanism because there was no screw to undo to take it out and I was afraid I would break it. Does anyone have an idea of what it might be? Is it possible I didn't get the carburetor very clean?

Thanks!