Ruined Input shaft on Tiller

Kitten Tooth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys, im new here and i need some help. I have a Troy Bilt Tiller with a 5hp Techumseh. It has rear tine setup and a friend of the family has been tilling his garden and a number of other people's gardens with it. In return we just asked that he takes care of ours at the end of the year when we're done picking up all the dead tomato plants and what not. The serial number on the Tiller is 321143 and there is another number stamped into the casing that the motor is mounted to.. TH-1002. The friend brought it back saying it wouldn't stay in gear and that he thought maybe it needed a new belt. I got the belt off and noticed the pulley on the input shaft going into the gear box had ALOT of play. I pulled the circlip off and removed the pulley. Turns out that the keyway on the shaft is smeared and destroyed so the shaft needs replaced. I cant find the replacement parts because i do not know what model of tiller this is. Can anyone help me out? My local parts store couldn't find the shaft with those 2 numbers i found and i cannot find any others on the tiller.

Thanks guys,
KT

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have had this happen and changed pulley to one with set screws.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Think I might be able to help, but will need more info. Here's what I will need to know if you can supply. You might not be able to supply everything I ask for, but give me as much as possible. Any names, besides TroyBilt, on the unit. Model numbers on the engine. Age of the unit, be exact if you can. Any pictures you could supply would also help. I'll give it my best shot.

possum

Threads
Pull the shaft. Take it to a machine shop. have them cut the keyway into the other side or just have them close the old slot up and recut it. I have had it done to hundreds of shafts when I worked at grain elevators.