RPM

Michael72

Threads
Just to get some thoughts on RPM...On the bigger push mowers I usually set at 3,250 as apposed to the norm factory setting of or around 2,900 ... older or small mowers I leave as is unless they are under factory spec... In this steamy jungle grass is rarley 100% dry and some extra RPM helps motor when working IMO... Not an exciting topic I know!:laughing:

ThaxtexGM

Threads
No more then 3,000 RPM or it will go BAN..
Then you will be posting "how to fix a broken crank"

Michael72

Threads
No more then 3,000 RPM or it will go BAN..
Then you will be posting "how to fix a broken crank"

Howdy, thanks for reply.... I thought this would be common practice.... A factory setting of 2950 is well in the safe zone for manufactures ....they like to play it safe..:smile:....

ThaxtexGM

Threads
I was told this by a B&S guy :))
The main problem is the oil slash don't work so good at to higher speeds.

Michael72

Threads
I was told this by a B&S guy :))
The main problem is the oil slash don't work so good at to higher speeds.

Hmm...I did post before that I set at 3250 typo....I go to 3150 - 200 tops...... I adjusted that mcculloch in the pic there yesterday... now specs say oil capacity is .6lt...but the dipstick tells a different story!!...the stick looks like the child next door made it :laughing: so what read do you trust!!!!...added oil to suit dipstick and rpm lowered a little as a result of more oil....swapped gov spring to the second hole which gives me 3150 ish....:confused2:

Michael72

Threads
to add...to take a oil level reading you only rest dipstick on top of oil spout and not thread in....everytime you drop stick in you can get a different read....very poor quality stick.. to go by dipstick oil amount is 6.75lt ish

ThaxtexGM

Threads
You must screw in the dipstick fully to take reading fill to top of dipstick reading, then you are good to go, max 0.6L

Michael72

Threads
You must screw in the dipstick fully to take reading fill to top of dipstick reading, then you are good to go, max 0.6L

Not on this model...only rest on top says the manual...why dont they make the stick shorter to suit fully screw in I just dont know:confused2:...

Michael72

Threads
Can you post the model and Type please ??

She is the M-53 170AWFPX.... rato motor in it...who you say? lol ... with that extra oil she is running smoother tho... I know I can just split the difference between stick and the .6lt and im being OCD here with it....