Riding mower, how do you get it home

Usedtorent

Threads
The last one we bought, the store delivered it to us. It was free delivery so I said what the heck. I helped my dad get a couple of mowers home in the past. We just drove them up the ramp onto the back of his truck.

adan

Threads
Thanks for the insight here. This is honestly something I haven't thought of in looking for a brand to buy. It isn't just the big name. It is also about whether they're around my area. The closer the better.

Tell me, have you ever brought a mower to a freelance mechanic?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tell me, have you ever brought a mower to a freelance mechanic?

I think with the general tightening up and slowing down of all economic things today...
Many general repair shops would welcome just about anything to keep busy... there are a lot of small repair shops that stay regularly busy, some of them are quite good...
also most smaller communities know the local 'hobbyist' that works on mowers... they generally are a much quicker turn around than any 'dealer' service department...

and often times the hobbyist/enthusiast is MUCH more knowledgeable mechanically, than the service dept mechanic... :smile:KennyV

jeepnjim

Threads
Make sure the vehical that will transpoirt the mower is wide enough to haul the mower in. A friend bought a used mower from a gentalman and he had to haul it with the deck hanging out the rear cause it was to wide to fit in the bed.

dria

Threads
Oh my. I would be very nervous about driving it home like that. I think measuring is true of all things. I once bought this amazing piano and could not get it through the front or back door! You do not even want to know how we got it in the house.

Thanks for all the input about hauling it. If you haul it yourself would you need a full sized truck bed or would one of those small trucks work?

stanley

Threads
If you don't have a truck or a trailer, they'll have to deliver it to you at extra cost.

Unless of course you buy one that isn't pre-assembled. :laughing:

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that one.:wink:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I once bought this amazing piano and could not get it through the front or back door! You do not even want to know how we got it in the house.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OH YES WE DO.:laughing:

jeepnjim

Threads
Most lawn tractors/mowers will fit in the back of a normal pickup. Just make sure that the mower deck will fit, it may have to be removed for transport.

JIM

briggs

Threads
I think with the general tightening up and slowing down of all economic things today...
Many general repair shops would welcome just about anything to keep busy... there are a lot of small repair shops that stay regularly busy, some of them are quite good...
also most smaller communities know the local 'hobbyist' that works on mowers... they generally are a much quicker turn around than any 'dealer' service department...

and often times the hobbyist/enthusiast is MUCH more knowledgeable mechanically, than the service dept mechanic... :smile:KennyV

yes this is true :thumbsup: i am always busy ...

Mac 624

Threads
Her You can see the gear:

DSCK0014-3.jpg

The pic was taken, when I moved the chinese Xingtai tractor home after picking it up at the Port of Rotterdam.