Replacing Fuel Line

dnelms

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had the rubber gasket to deteriorate from the cap of the gas tank and had rubber pieces in the gas tank. When I had the electrical short problem (I had posted about earlier) fixed, I had them to drain the tank and get all the pieces out. The lawn mower runs fine, but after about 15 to 20 minutes of mowing it starts sputtering. If you shake the fuel line gas trickles into the fuel filter, so I'm concerned there is some small leftover rubber pieces in the line that move around with the flow of the gas until the almost constrict the flow.

So I replaced the fuel filter and the small piece from the filter to the carb. When I removed the gas tank to replace the long line from the tank to the filter, I noticed in addition to the clamp on the line, there was some caulking or special material that had hardened sealing the line to the tank. So I left the line in place for now. I still want to replace the line, but first wanted to find out if there is some special sealing material I should be using to create a new seal? Or will silicone caulking do the job?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have no idea as to what the sealant would be. You might want to see if the vent on the gas cap is plugged. Next time it sputters loosen the cap and see if the filter gets more fuel.