Replacement part for TS 346 Ride on Mower keyless ignition system?

al Lemans

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Replacement part for TS 346 Ride on Mower keyless ignition system?
I'm based in France with a machine purchased in the UK. I have already contacted customer service in UK, France and the USA, with no success, they just refer me back to my local dealer, who in turn informs me that they can't get the part or an answer. I am trying to establish if the keyless ignition replacement part is either available or being re-designed and replaced, everyone that I contact refers me on to someone else, my local dealer can't get an answer. The machine has been in for repair for over 6 months, anyone else had the same problem? How did you fix it? Thanks in advance.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now I might need the 11 digit model number from serial number.

IF you have model 960410372-00 the switch kit is 586590705. Very Expensive item.

Now most just install the wiring harness from a non smart version and its keyswitch. Just don't know what is available TS 346 series.

al Lemans

Forum Newbie
Threads
Now I might need the 11 digit model number from serial number.

IF you have model 960410372-00 the switch kit is 586590705. Very Expensive item.

Now most just install the wiring harness from a non smart version and its keyswitch. Just don't know what is available TS 346 series.
Thanks, the machine is currently with the local dealer, I'll check the model number and ask if they can fit a non-smart switch, initially they informed me that the wiring would be a problem.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The keyless ignition was a total disaster
We all regularly replace them with a std key system
Some are easy to do as they have the old loom so all of the wires are there while others will need to have some added or to replace the whole lot with the loom from the earlier variant that uses a key or the latter variant that uses a key
The cost is almost the same either way but just replacing the faulty key module means it will need to be replaced again in the future & eventually will be NLA as they only used it for a couple of seasons

al Lemans

Forum Newbie
Threads
Some are easy to do as they have the old loom so all of the wires are there while others will need to have some added or to replace the whole lot with the loom from the earlier variant that uses a key or the latter variant that uses a key
The cost is almost the same either way but just replacing the faulty key module means it will need to be replaced again in the future & eventually will be NLA as they only used it for a couple of seasons
Thank you for your reply, I've already had more help from this forum than Husqvarna direct. I will ask my dealer to replace it with a key system if they can.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They will bitch about doing it and that will add a bit more to the cost.
I was assuming that you would be doing the work yourself
Dealers would not know how to tighten their own trouser belt unless there was a service notice telling them how to do it and what new parts they need .

When confronted with one, I go through the wiring diagrams both earlier models & later one to find the last one before the keyless switch and then the first one after the keyless switch and from them I work out which way to go
Husqvarna wiring diagrams are in the front page of their parts books
You should be able to rewire it according to to a YTH 2242 and if necessary buy a new loom which is $ 50 + a key switch which is $ 30
As compared to the keyless switch which is $ 380
If you want the reverse cut out to work then you will need another couple of sub looms / pigtails but again the whole shooting match is under $ 100
However there will be 2 to 3 hours of dealer labour .
Because of franchise rules you may need to take it to a different brand dealer , a freelance mower repair shop or even an auto electrician .

al Lemans

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I've already had more help from this forum than Husqvarna direct. I will get my dealer to replace it with a key system if they can
They will bitch about doing it and that will add a bit more to the cost.
I was assuming that you would be doing the work yourself
Dealers would not know how to tighten their own trouser belt unless there was a service notice telling them how to do it and what new parts they need .

When confronted with one, I go through the wiring diagrams both earlier models & later one to find the last one before the keyless switch and then the first one after the keyless switch and from them I work out which way to go
Husqvarna wiring diagrams are in the front page of their parts books
You should be able to rewire it according to to a YTH 2242 and if necessary buy a new loom which is $ 50 + a key switch which is $ 30
As compared to the keyless switch which is $ 380
If you want the reverse cut out to work then you will need another couple of sub looms / pigtails but again the whole shooting match is under $ 100
However there will be 2 to 3 hours of dealer labour .
Because of franchise rules you may need to take it to a different brand dealer , a freelance mower repair shop or even an auto electrician .

al Lemans

Forum Newbie
Threads
Many thanks for the info, although a main dealer the repair shop here is a bit of a back street shop usually inexpensive for repairs, so I will give them the info. I will be selling the machine once it's up and running, as it's taken so long I've invested in another new machine ( John Deere ) as parts for even very old J D machines seem to be always available. The Husqvarna customer service that I received is probably the worst that I've experienced and I don't think I would ever buy any of their products again. Great to have a forum with knowledgeable folks, just took me too long to find it. Once again many thanks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Afraid to say this but most shops in my area terrible with electrical issues. Just replace a plug wire terminal that they couldn't install it correctly and it is so simple to do. Just takes the right crimper and a brain that is half working.