Replaced Seat switch did not fix issue

Jane

Threads
DYT 4000 Model #917.2736401 I replaced the seat switch because when I would let out
on the clutch/brake pedal the mower stalls so I replaced it today and it still stalls. Then I followed the wire and it goes to the clutch safety switch could that switch be the problem any info would be helpful Also when I engage the PTO it stalls out too Thank you

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
double check the seat switch connector as it has a shorting strip and must be fully pulled in with the locking holding in place. Also these shorting strips can get damage to where shorting the swtich no matter what you do.

1647906230841.png

Jane

Threads
Thank you I have no idea what a shorting strip could you explain Thank you

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because of all of the moron idiot fools who decide that every electrical problem is the seat switch so post how to disable them videos on You tube & face book.
Husqvarna use a special plug on the mower side so it you unplug the seat switch , the mower will not start
Like everything else, the more complicated they become the more they break down .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Whenever the seat connector is not fully plugged in or is damage the shorting strip then the mower thinks that no one is on the seat; therefore , whenever you release the brake/clutch the engine dies or when you try to engage the PTO the engine dies.

For most non shop techs when the connector is damage they replace the wiring harness (if they actually want to retain the safety feature). Some shops can also just replace the connector when they have the tools and knowledge of how to do this along a replacement connector. For my shop I do have the tools, knowledge, and the parts; therefore, I save my customers the cost of replacing the wiring harness because it replacing the harness can get time consuming.

Due to liability issues I can not explain how to bypass this safety device. I done had an idiot customer that bypassed the safety switch and tried to sue me as I had worked on the mower when he got knocked off his seat and mower ran into his wife's new car. I was lucky that I had records showing the I had restored the safety feature which apparently he bypassed again.

Jane

Threads
Thank You again I don’t want to bypass the switch. I would like to fix it Can I replace the plug by cutting old one off and splicing the new one together with waterproof connectors Sorry don’t mean to be a pain just need to fix it

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Thank You again I don’t want to bypass the switch. I would like to fix it Can I replace the plug by cutting old one off and splicing the new one together with waterproof connectors Sorry don’t mean to be a pain just need to fix it
The problem is that the connector that is available to me requires disassembling the old connector to extract the wires and terminals so they can be installed in the new connector or new terminals installed on the existing wires once the old connector is cut off. To install two new F56 terminals requires an open barrel crimper which costs around $75 the last I brought one. Just any old terminal crimper just don't work.

1647953570048.png

Jane

Threads
Good day I just wanted to say thank you so much. My mower is fixed . So I looked at the connector that you were talking about one more time Took it back off put it back on tight and it works Thank you