repair

cambre

Threads
I have a Briggs & Stratton 5 hp DR weed eater that will start with starting fluid but will not keep running. I took the carb. off and it was clean inside. I blew out the port holes, put it back on and fuel leaks out of a small hole where the air filter plate bolts on to the carb. there are two holes, one on each side of carb. air intake but fuel only comes out of one. Appreciate any help---Cambre

Michael72

Threads
It is likely when you removed the air filter and housing that the gasket between both has been damaged.....apart from fuel loss/kink in fuel line or leak the carb might just need L and H adjustments on the carb....also check the drain plug on carb bowel...remove and clear any dirt from those small holes..check that carb float moves freely before going to extra work..

cambre

Threads
It is likely when you removed the air filter and housing that the gasket between both has been damaged.....apart from fuel loss/kink in fuel line or leak the carb might just need L and H adjustments on the carb....also check the drain plug on carb bowel...remove and clear any dirt from those small holes..check that carb float moves freely before going to extra work..

Thanks for reply Michael. Gasket looks good no damage anywhere, no leak in fuel line, no L & H adjustments on carb. Holes in drain plug clean. I'm thinking that when I blew out carb. with my air gun it had to much pressure and damaged something inside. What do you think? I have worked on small engine carbs. before & never had this happen. Its a simple carb. with no air or fuel needle adjustments which I don't like. Cambre

Michael72

Threads
Hi

Apologies H L adjust..when I heard weed eater i auto thought 2 stroke /cycle :rolleyes:... no fuel issue to begin with....was carb in one piece when you used compressed air?...auto choke?... if manual remove filter and look to see its priming ok...if you have another carb to swap over for test?

cambre

Threads
Forgot to say it is a 4 cycle engine. At the time I didn't have a new kit, but I took carb. off to see if there was any trash in bowl & rest of carb. It was all clean and I blew carb. out with air gun while I had it off. What happened was I blew the rubber float needle seat out of carb. which I didn't see. This made carb. leak. Will get a kit for it. Thank all for help--Cambre