Attachments removing single bagger

sandsavedave

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone:i just purchased an '09 Snapper w/ 12.5hp 28"deck and it came equipped with a single bagger.I havent had time to get in the basement and check it out much due to my heavy workload..but the first thing i want to do is check the blade for any need for sharpening.Do i have to remove the bagging system to stand the mower on end to do this?I would like to know what is all involved to get the bagger off of it just in case.i hope its a simple and quick removal and installation.This is my first post since joining and will post some pics when i get the time to see what ya'll think of mower and if i got a good deal on it.Thanks-David

Tommyboyxd

Threads
Welcome to the forum, to try and answer your question, I'm pretty sure you do have to remover the bagging unit. What is the model number of your mower? We can help you look for a service manaul.

sandsavedave

Forum Newbie
Threads
well folks..aint nothing like gettin' out there and figuring it out yourself..the Snapper bagger was just that.. a snap..three clevis pins held the thing on and it was off in about 30 seconds.Thanks anyways-David

Waddie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone:i just purchased an '09 Snapper w/ 12.5hp 28"deck and it came equipped with a single bagger.I havent had time to get in the basement and check it out much due to my heavy workload..but the first thing i want to do is check the blade for any need for sharpening.Do i have to remove the bagging system to stand the mower on end to do this?I would like to know what is all involved to get the bagger off of it just in case.i hope its a simple and quick removal and installation.This is my first post since joining and will post some pics when i get the time to see what ya'll think of mower and if i got a good deal on it.Thanks-David

You probably already know this, but close the vent on your fuel cap when you stand the mower on end, and don't leave it too long that way if you have a lead acid battery. I replaced the lead acid battery with a AGM ( Odyssey PC625). The AGM can be run and can set permanently in any position, but has to be charged upright - which isn't a problem as your battery charges while you cut anyways. And get the blade with the wings on it - makes for great vacuum, even better than normal hi vac. I have two 28" RER's. One on seemingly permanent loan to my eldest son. I LOVE this mower. We also have 2 21" Snapper push mowers and 1 self propelled. Mostly older models and going strong.

regards,
Waddie