Removal of stuck carburetor jets

chuckpen

Threads
This lil trick is magic with small engine carburetors that have a stuck primary jet. Not sure where to post this, so in the repair forum it goes. Long story short, the primary jet in a chokeless Briggs carb was really stuck. Slot in jet had been damaged "before me" and I carried it through to completion by stripping out the screw driver slot in the jet completely. sniff.

Anyway, this worked a "treat" (British genes) and well worth a share.

Took my torq screw driver set and found the size that fit in the top hole of the jet. That fit but spun, took next size up, tapped it in with a small hammer and the jet came right out with the help of a lil PB Blast. This worked so well I would consider it the way to remove any jet that is concerning, stuck and/or damaged. Appears I can flat file the damaged jet, cut a new slot and reuse it as there was no problem with the actual jet hole.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would bet you damaged the jet with your method of removal. Most Briggs carbs use a screwdriver with the flare ground off to fit into the opening. Would you please post the engine numbers?