Refurbished lawnmower

Smartaleck

Threads
There is a man who lives a few villages away from me who takes in old lawnmowers, petrol and electric, and refurbishes them. He then sells them on. Would you trust a lawnmower like this to last?

jd335

Threads
just check with some people who purchased mowers from him and go stand around watch how profesional he is when he repairs or replaces something if he's an older person who just does it for something to do or because he likes it the mowers are probably in good shape when he sells them hope this helps.

173abn

Threads
I bought a mower refubished by a retired smallengine shop teacher.he knows more about doing that than most "pros"I know of another guy around my area that makes a nice living rehabing used mowers and tractors and does good work.like it was said ,check him out and go to folks that's bought his machines and get there opinions and go from there. russ

Giles

Threads
As far as I am concerned, when buying any piece of equipment, I never buy, or even consider one that has had the engine "rebuilt". :thumbdown:
Every one I ever bought had to be REDONE.
At least, try to find out what work has been done:thumbsup:
Just think about it---most people will spend the least amount of money possible so they can make more profit:thumbdown:
Over the many years that I have dealt with small engines, It is still hard for me to believe that some people will run a small engine for YEARS without changing the oil.:mad: "It' only been run a few minutes at a time":frown:

Smartaleck

Threads
Well he lives in a pretty small village and is very well known locally. I was drinking in the local pub and talking to some people about him and they all recommend his work. He has been doing it for many years and is still selling so he must be doing something right!