Recycler won't stay running

Jack9

Threads
I bought a used ~3 year old Toro 21465 walk behind mower that has trouble staying running.
I took the carb apart once before and it looked clean and let the gas tank/line drain out, and it seemed to run fine until I tilted it sideways to remove grass from underneath. It seems very sensitive to tilting or bumps. Though I can keep it running with starting fluid, or by giving the mower a quick push back and forth. I'm using ethanol free gas.

I took the carb apart again, and took the main jet assembly apart and sprayed it, and was going to drill out the jet, as recommended here
youtube.com/watch?v=eGF_ynkc3C0
but when I used what I think was the .6mm drill bit from my Harbor Freight 30pc micro drill bit set set,
the jet hole was already larger than the bit, so I didn't drill anything. He used a .52mm bit.

So what should I do?

I also have a fuel filter I'm going to install, if I can figure out what size spring clamps to buy. Anyone know?

GearHead36

Threads
Does it run with the air filter removed? When you tilted it over, did you tilt it away from the air filter? If you tilted it toward the air filter, oil could make its way to the filter, and will ruin it. It will also prevent the engine from running. You should be able to check this by just removing the air filter, and then see if it will run. If so, replace the filter.

Jack9

Threads
I've tilted it both ways, but there is no oil on the air filter. I haven't tried running it with the air filter off. Right now, I still have the carb taken apart.