Recomendation Needed: Lawn Tractor for 1/2+ acre

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just don't get a junk Deere in this price range. You over pay for a name and a cheaper built mower

redrob2

Forum Newbie
Threads
No Deere for me. Going to get the 1045 I think. Just saw the 4 antiscalp wheels which is a nice bonus. Any reason to but at a tractor supply store over HD? Probably a crap shoot at either place.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
No Deere for me. Going to get the 1045 I think. Just saw the 4 antiscalp wheels which is a nice bonus. Any reason to but at a tractor supply store over HD? Probably a crap shoot at either place.

I would buy at tractor supply they take the time to set it up and can give you more info.
Or a dealer would be even better.

I find that the people that work at Home Depot just piss me off.

The 4 anti scalp wheels are a must for me.

LoCo86

Threads
I would buy at tractor supply they take the time to set it up and can give you more info. Or a dealer would be even better. I find that the people that work at Home Depot just piss me off. The 4 anti scalp wheels are a must for me.

I agree most of the time at Home Depot it's just someone who is working part time hurrying up the assembly process to get to their lunch break. A dealer would be better but like you say of you don't have one near you then Tractor Supply would be your best bet.

JPDVM2014

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is the attachment capabilities of these tractors? Is it pretty much just a dump cart, or would they handle a dethatcher and/or aerator. I think I already know the answer to this, but what about light snow plowing? If they aren't able to handle an aerator or dethatcher, what would be the model that could? $1,800 is already kind of pushing my budget, but if there is a model that will do more for a little bit of a premium, I would be willing to spend the extra money.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What is the attachment capabilities of these tractors? Is it pretty much just a dump cart, or would they handle a dethatcher and/or aerator. I think I already know the answer to this, but what about light snow plowing? If they aren't able to handle an aerator or dethatcher, what would be the model that could? $1,800 is already kind of pushing my budget, but if there is a model that will do more for a little bit of a premium, I would be willing to spend the extra money.

The 1045 will handle it.
I do not plow snow but I do use the blade for doing my gravel driveway.

redrob2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well thanks for all the great advice. I went with the 1042KW and pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait to get it home and start having some fun!

JPDVM2014

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well thanks for all the great advice. I went with the 1042KW and pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait to get it home and start having some fun!

This is the one I'm going to get, if I go with Cub Cadet. I still haven't decided. :smile: I did test drive my friend's Husky this past weekend though, and it is a sweet machine.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is the one I'm going to get, if I go with Cub Cadet. I still haven't decided. :smile: I did test drive my friend's Husky this past weekend though, and it is a sweet machine.

You can not go wrong with the cub or the husqvarna.