rear self propelled doesnt move

dwint

Threads
I bought a used mower at a flea market.troy bilt 12av839n711 he said it needed a belt.i bought the right belt but it wasn't on the pulley good and it got alittle chewed up.heres the weird part.if I lift the mower up off its back wheels while running I cant stop the wheels from turning but if I put it down it almost goes but doesn't unless you pull up on the handle.i adjusted the cable.i would think if I cant stop the wheels from moving with two hands the weight of the mower would go.the gears and wheels are good .this doesn't make sense unless the belt is worse than I thought but I cant stop the wheels by hand.

dwint

Threads
I bought a used mower at a flea market.troy bilt 12av839n711 he said it needed a belt.i bought the right belt but it wasn't on the pulley good and it got alittle chewed up.heres the weird part.if I lift the mower up off its back wheels while running I cant stop the wheels from turning but if I put it down it almost goes but doesn't unless you pull up on the handle.i adjusted the cable.i would think if I cant stop the wheels from moving with two hands the weight of the mower would go.the gears and wheels are good .this doesn't make sense unless the belt is worse than I thought but I cant stop the wheels by hand.

guess I will buy another belt and see what happens

dwint

Threads
well I bought another belt and no difference.any ideas